Monday, October 2, 2017

Yeti For Christmas

I've never made a Xmas card in Sept/Oct. Only because I saw this super cute yeti from Mama Elephant and ordered on the day they were released!

I colored everything with Copic markers. For the mountains on the back, I ink blended with distress ink ice spruce. For the mountains in the front, I ink blend with distress ink mermaid lagoon first then ice spruce to make it less bright. For both mountains, I splattered some water, dabbed them off with paper towel, then again splattered some white acrylic paint. I usually only do either water or paint. The effect of combining two really amazed me. For caps and hills, I also lightly applied distress ink ice spruce to add some shades.

 
 


I'm submitting this card to the following challenges.

Supplies used in this card:
  • Mama Elephant Me and my yeti stamp set (ME)
  • Mama Elephant Sentiments from a yeti stamp set (ME)
  • Lawn Fawn scalloped box card pop-up die (LF)
  • Lawn Fawn stitched mountain borders (LF)
  • Lawn Fawn stitched hillside borders (LF)

3 comments:

  1. Your Yeti pop-up box is absolutely delightful; smiling allll over my face in seeing this! Thrilled you shared your creativity in the ATSM gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Cute! Love all the colourful images. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was quite the undertaking, Katrina, and it is so cute and detailed. Thanks for sharing it with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    ReplyDelete